Friday, June 26, 2015

My Top 5 Summer Reads for Educators #summerreading

For those who think that teachers have two months of "vacation" in the summer, they would be wrong.  Many of us of compiling lists and plans of professional development "to-do's over the summer months.

Here are my top 5 suggestions for those who are looking for a starting point.

50 Things You Can do With Google Classroom by Alice Keeler @alicekeeler
This one I haven't read yet.  But I want to. Actually, I haven't gotten it ordered yet.  Perhaps someone will get if for my for my upcoming birthday?  Hint, hint?


Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess @burgessdave
Amazing insight into classroom practices. How to use your personal creativity to engage and inspire your students.

Learn Like a Pirate by Paul Solarz @PaulSolarz

I am in the middle of this book currently.  The Twitter chats are amazing at #LearnLap.  Follow the hashtag and check it out.  


What Connected Educators do Differently by Todd Whitaker (Author), Jeffrey Zoul (Author), Jimmy Casas (Author)



This book it a "how to" to get started with Personal/Professional Learning Networks.  Wanting to get started with Twitter and not sure how?  This is definitely the book for you. Hands on and practical; terrific for new Tweeps.

Comprehension Collaboration: Inquiry Circles in Action  by Harvey, Daniels

This is my go-to bible for inquiry learning and collaboration.  My copy is completely covered in stickies and notes.




For more summer reading ideas, Fractus Learning has compiled a great list here.

The Top 50 Best Books for Teachers 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment