Sunday, January 11, 2015

21c Classroom Design - The Dream

I have a dream.  I want my classroom to be a place where students are excited to come each day because it is inviting. I want it to be a place where I want to go each day because it meets the needs of my students as 21st century learners. I feel that classrooms should feel like you are walking into a cozy coffee shop, or the "Central Perk" of Friends (showing my age now!).

This info graphic that I put together gives a brief introduction into what I think my 21st century learning space should be (but it keeps in mind existing spaces and tiny budget realities).

21st Century Classroom

Now here is a school authority that has dreamed big (and obviously has managed to find big $$$) and they have created the ultimate learning space.  Check out the Great Prairie Education Agency website.

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XRwxsxlek[/embed]

Great Prairie 21C classroom

All I can say is WOW.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Central Perk reference! I really enjoyed exploring the Great Prairie space - love it!

    ReplyDelete